Friday, May 1, 2015

A Day in the Life of an Unemployed 20+ something


I have been unemployed for 8 months now if you didn't know. I left my previous job because I just had about enough and I think I am capable of more. Yeah no regrets there. I know I know you will probably think what a stupid decision, so dumb yada yada but it's me who is going to live to the consequences of the decisions I make or what people around me think is "good" for me. The only worthy advice or suggestion that I can tolerate or endure right now is from my father because as annoying as it is he is the only people who had truly helped me financially or in other ways. If other people had given me advice that I didn't even ask for just because they feel they're "succesful" only in this time of life, I need to restrain the urge to punch them in the face even if they are my kin. :D #rant

However, I'm keeping an open mind and try to be positive. I thought I write about a typical day of my unemployed life.

10.00am : Woke up and check social media on the phone. Only manage to properly get out of bed at 10.15 am

10.30am : Make coffee because I can't function without caffeine in the morning like most people. Together with the coffee I make toast with egg and smeared the Kiri garlic herb cream cheese that is super yummy. I really recommend it. I also take out my chicken fillet from the freezer so it can thaw by the time I want to prepare lunch.



10.45am : Eat my breakfast while watching my youtube subscriptions.

11.00am : Check my emails. Go through jobstreet.com and apply what jobs that appeal to me. Answer some surveys. Write on my blog. Read a few blogposts. Dive into the internet vortex. Then it started to rain. I love it, soo cozy.

12.30pm : Clean up the messy apartment. Living with 5 cats, the apartment will never stay clean in the duration of 24 hours. *sigh*. They get super excited when I do house chores that I probably fed up and do it halfway and resumed later on. Back to my laptop.

2.00pm : Prepare my lunch. Today I cook Ayam Masak Kicap or chicken in soy sauce. I'm quite impressed with myself because it turned out good and it's only the first time I tried to make it. Then I sauteed some spinach and serve with rice.



2.45pm : Eat my lunch while watching vlogs. My favourite vlogs to watch is from Beautycrushs' vlog channel, thesammimariashow. It's just so interesting to see her life in London and stuff.



3.30pm : Resume the house chore.

4.00pm : I try to exercise few times a week. I like this particular set I found on Pinterest. I'm sure everybody can do it because I can and I'm very lazy when it comes to working out.
The set is:-

  • 40 jumping jacks
  • 30 crunches
  • 20 squats
  • 10 push-ups
#catladyproblem

4.30pm : Wash up and time to make-up. I like this time of day because I love makeup! It really lifts my mood to transform my face from dead to somewhat presentable. My sister came home from work around 5.30pm and we usually hang at the nearby mamak or the mall and I have to listen to her whine about her job.



6.30pm : Decided to go to the mall today. 



7.00pm : Eat dinner at Burger King. I ordered the Grilled Chicken but upgraded the fries to Rock-it fries. This fries is addictive!..soooo good. The meal used to be a bit cheaper but not anymore because of the whole GST thing.Not fond of the service in BK though but don't want to go to Mcdonald either. Soo..



8.15pm : Walk around the mall for necessities and groceries. Not much money to spend anyway being unemployed and stuff. 

9.30pm : Return home. Greet the cats. Back to laptop.

1.00am : Go to sleep. Usually need asmr for me to doze off.

So that was it. The joy of unemployment other than the obvious fact of no money. Haha. In a way I learn a lot from being unemployed. I learn to cook meals and not eat out a lot. I learn to live with less and really not care about stuff that I really didn't need anyway. I even learn to sew using sewing machine. I have time to read a lot and also write. 





No comments:

Post a Comment