Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Cringing At My Younger Self



Hello everyone! Wow I have really been leaving this blog on the back burner haven't I? My last post was about five years ago and my my did I cringe at my own writing. Haha!..Nevertheless I couldn't bring myself to delete it as it is sentimental. I did started blogging to cope with my loss. Oh well, I'm just gonna roll with it and my cringey post.

As we're on the topic of cringe, I have been cringing a lot lately as I look back on my younger self. Recently I thought I looked back on some old photos on when I was 18-early 20s. I'm 26 now. The horror of me looking at those photos! haha! especially on my choice of makeup and clothing. Makeup wise I have on thick foundation that doesn't match my skintone and look rather grey-ish, crazy eye makeup and nudish lips that look just ughh. Don't let me start on the fashion. Soo unflattering. Also on the way I communicate with people that I've seen on old messages. I always get super defensive and trying to prove a point when people on the other end just don't care about it and it stretch to endless conversation that is just pointless. If I could give an advice to my younger self it would've been less is more. But that advice doesn't apply to clothing. Haha!

I know you're suppose to embrace your past because that is how you learn and develop and all that and while that's true, I can't help cringing. The.Struggle.Is.Real.

Anyway, I want to start writing again and do it on a regular basis. I find it really therapeutic and liberating since I don't like to talk. I am more of a listener, observer and writer. Till next time. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment