Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Penang Day 2 : Hin Bus Depot Art Centre Adventure



Friday, 17th April 2015

Today we had a full day to explore since I'm going back to KL on Sunday and my sis start working on Saturday. I want to start the day early because I want to go to the beach at Batu Feringghi before sunset. That didn't happen as we got out of the house around 1.30pm and went straight to Queensbay. Had lunch there, walk around and bought some groceries. At around 4.45 pm only we got out of Queensbay. We already planned to go to Hin Bus Depot and have coffee at the coffeeshop there. So we thought we can make it to Batu Feringghi if we leave around 6.30pm. Nope.

We finally arrived at Hin Bus Depot Art Centre, No.31 Jalan Gurdwara, Georgetown. 
But first coffee. By that time I am in need of caffeine fix.



We went to the Bricklin Cafe located at the Hin Bus Depot Art Centre

The atmosphere was really nice. They played The Coffeehouse playlist from Spotify so it's really chill in here.




I ordered Cold Brew (RM 12.00) as per the waiter suggestion, my sister ordered a Super Fruit Tea (RM 9) and we shared a baked cheese cake (RM 10)

The coffee was too strong and bitter for my liking and the fruit tea was pretty much tasteless and the cheesecake was average at best.


LOVE the decor in here.





Overall the cafe is nice and a good place to chill but the coffee and cakes are nothing to hype about. The cafe is also not too crowded when we went there which is good.

Then we went to see the art.

Artsy fartsy looking "chamber pot"

Even the toilet door is interesting.

We check out the wall mural outside first.

The two boys with the cone mural.

The acrobat mural. It looked so cool as background to take photos.



There're people who sell furniture which they had modified and added their artsy touch.


Then we went inside to check out the art. The setting is so cool.


Even the floor is so instagram-able #ihavethisthingwithfloors



And then it's time to leave. We spent so much time in here that I'm afraid we're going to miss the sunset at Batu Feringghi.

Posing against Komtar

Hittin the road.

Love how the old shop lot look.

I just had to take a picture of this mural when the traffic light is red. So so pretty. Can't remember what road though.

As we were on our way to Batu Feringghi it is already 7pm. Both of us don't know any shortcuts and by the time we're at Convent Green lane area the traffic was congested. I thought sunset at Batu Feringghi was a lost cause that day so I told my sister to turn back. We watched the sunset overlooking the Penang bridge instead. It's not so bad, it was actually quite nice.



Kinda a nice way to end the day. 
Then we had dinner at Kapitan of course. I just can't bring myself to any other restaurant if my trip to Penang is short. hehe. Til then. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment